4707, 4721, 4751, 4744, 4745, 4782
Thu Dec 3 12:10:37 CET 2015
linux macosx86 rs6000 sol4 solx86 win32
cumulative afpsrv update
This is a cumulative update that fixes various
- Mac OS 9 versions of QuarkXPress and FrameMaker had
compatibility issues against the afpsrv on Windows.
These have been fixed.
- Added workarounds for Windows 2012 incompatibilities
to previous Windows versions regarding standard input
and output handles. New AFP processes in Windows 2012
could crash right after an AFP client established a
- New files get a type/creator of zero as in previous
HELIOS releases. Some applications like BBEdit
may not work well with a non-zero type/creator.
- Searching for expressions that looked like file ids
encoded in AFP shortnames could crash the afpsrv. This
is of concern only to non-spotlight volumes or Mac OS 9
- Changes to the mode or owner of a directory were not
reflected to the internal ".rsrc" directory. (Unix only)
- In the case of a Universal File Server license, start-helios
could fail with a "No more space in shared arena" error