Tue Feb 5 16:02:03 MET 2002
sol4 rs6000 sgi hppa alpha linux
afpsrv could dump core upon searching via Sherlock
Afpsrv could dump core depending upon the length of the search
string entered if searching via Sherlock on MacOS 9.2 and MacOS
X clients on Sparc, Mips and Alpha processors. Also fixed:
- Afpsrv could dump core upon accessing a file that was in a
folder moved away or deleted by some other client.
- Afpsrv could deadlock if it had to assign type and creator
for a newly arrived Unix file while moving another file out of
the same folder.
- Afpsrv does not accidently remove the .rsrc subdirectory if
the user attempts to delete a folder but has no permission to
- Afpsrv does now make sure that the invisible attribute of a
folder is only changeable by the folder's owner.
- Afpsrv does a better cleanup upon attempting to delete
appearently empty folders that contain leftover orphans from
OPI or other subsystems that use temporary file names starting
with .:: or .^^.
- Afpsrv does now properly handle EXT2 quotas on Linux.
- Afpsrv does now properly suppress file names that are too long
to be represented in 31 characters if using a multibyte
- Afpsrv does not use UDP ports below 1024 for its RPC
communication any more.