9 50 52 54 66 69 98 175
Wed Dec 6 17:28:40 MET 2000
psresolve papif tcpif psif diskif holdif balanceif
sol4 rs6000 sgi hppa alpha dg86 linux rhappc
diskif program did loop forever in case output file exceeded 2Gb
The diskif program now correctly handles the stdio behaviour
on file write errors and avoids forever loops in case a file
gets too big.
- The interfaces do now write miscellaneous job infos to log
file only in case job is successfull. This prevents messages
as 'Printed to file: ...' to appear in the extended print info
even if no file was created due to an communication or other
- The interface programs which create a file on a volume or UNIX
directory now restrict the length of the optional name prefix
so that the created filename always does not exceed the
maximum filename length suitable for the type of volume.
- Use a different hash function while inserting or searching
fonts in a binary tree. The original function results seem to
be in ascending order in case a fontlist is returned from
Adobe Distiller which is the worst case for a binary tree.
This change speeds up the fontlist management by a factor of
- Always use the aliased colorname for print information and
statistics in printer interface programs. This prevents the
extended print info containing entries like Magenta and
magenta in case a coloralias is set from magenta to Magenta.
- The diskif program now uses Mb (Megabytes) in the status
message in case the processed file gets larger than 10Mb.
- The interface programs could display negative spool sizes on
jobs approaching the 2 GB file size limit.
- The diskif program now properly unlocks and removes the created
PostScript file in case it is terminated either by moving or
aborting the print job.