HELIOS EtherShare 2.6 User manual
Note that our update information files and TechInfo files are also part of our documentation. They may contain details about our products that have not yet made it into the manuals. So, make it a habit to read the update info texts whenever you install updates, and to read the TechInfos regularly. For that purpose, check the folders "UPDATES" and "SUPPORT" on the current CD-ROM, or the support section on our Web site www.helios.de.
Do always read the product specific README files on your current CD-ROM. You can access these files e.g. during software installation (see figure 2 in chapter 4.4).
For full-scale information on all our products, you may check the "manuals" directory on the CD-ROM. It contains all manuals, data sheets, and brochures of our products in PDF format.
- installation of EtherShare 2.6 on server and clients
- description of the Macintosh software modules
(administration of EtherShare on a Macintosh client and usage of the Macintosh programs Helios Mail and Helios Terminal)
- description of the server software modules
(usage and configuration of the different EtherShare programs on the server)
- technical support
- additional information (appendices including description of the "Desktop utilities").
- a glossary of network-related termsSome font and syntax conventions are used in this manual. Their meanings and uses are explained below.
Note: Notes give details that might be useful as additional information. They can also contain a reference to other chapters where additional information can be found.
Important: These paragraphs should be read carefully. They are supposed to help you avoid problems and save time.
|© 2002 HELIOS Software GmbH|